Trustworthy means that a software product or component is safe, reliable and secure.
Checklist for Software Design for Reliability
2. Use fault tolerant libraries and transfers for recovery.
3. Rejuvenate the executing system from time-to-time.
4. Hire good people and keep them!
5. Limit programming features.
6. Limit module size initialize memory.
7. Check design stability.
8. Bound the execution domain.
9. Engineer to performance budgets.
10. Reduce algorithm complexity.
11. Factor and Re-factor.
12. Improve maintainability [with 20% of staff].